- 1/2 recipe Danish Pastry Dough
- Apricot preserves
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. chopped walnuts mixed with 2 tbsp. sugar
1. Roll Danish Pastry Dough out on a lightly floured pastry board or cloth to a 20x15-inch rectangle; trim edges even; cut in twelve 5-inch squares with a sharp knife.
2. Place 1 teaspoon apricot preserves along one side of each square, 1/2 inch in from edge. Fold over opposite side; press edges together to seal. With sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit in folded pastry to within 1 inch of each end. Slip one end under and pull it through the slit.
3. Place pastries, 2 inches apart, on greased cooky sheet. Let rise in a warm place, away from draft, until double in bulk, 30 to 45 minutes. Brush with egg; sprinkle with walnut-sugar mixture.
4. Place in hot oven (400 degrees); reduce the heat immediately to 350. Bake 20 minutes, or until puffed and golden-brown. Remove to wire rack, cool. Makes 12 individual pastries.
Family Circle Cookbook