- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated or minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced thyme leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, more as needed
- ¾ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 (6-ounce) blackfish, flounder or hake fillets
- Fresh lemon juice, for serving
- Dill fronds or fresh parsley, for serving
Heat the broiler. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in garlic, thyme, curry powder, ginger and 1/4 teaspoon salt; heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon zest.
Season fish with salt and pepper and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour sauce over fish and broil until fish is flaky and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Top with a squeeze of lemon juice and fresh dill, and serve.
New York Times