- Kosher salt
- 3 bunches Swiss chard, stems removed
- 3/4 cup toasted almonds
- 3/4 cup grated aged Pecorino Romano cheese
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a rasp grater
- About 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; season the water generously with kosher salt. Prepare an ice water bath with a colander. Blanch the Swiss chard in the boiling water until tender, about 2 minutes. Shock immediately in the ice water. Drain by squeezing the leaves in a ball in a clean kitchen cloth.
Put the cooked chard, almonds, cheese, nutmeg, cloves, lemon zest and juice and garlic into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture begins to break down and come together. Add enough olive oil to the mixture to just get it to come together, about 3/4 cup. Season with salt and pepper.