- 3/4 c mirin
- 3/4 c tangerine or orange juice
- 2/3 c lower-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbl sugar
- 1 tbl dark sesame oil
- 1 tbl grated tangerine or orange peel
- 1 3 in piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced 1/8 in thick
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp chipolte chili powder
- 1 tbl cornstarch
- 1 1/2 lb shelled, deveined uncooked med shrimp
- 1/3 c sliced green onions
- 3 tbl toasted sesame seeds
Simmer mirin, tangerine juice, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, tangerine peel, ginger and chili powder in large skillet over medium-high heat for 3 min.
Combine 3 tbl water and cornstarch, stir into sauce. Simmer 1 to 2 min until thick and glossy. Add shrimp, cook 3 to 5 min or until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.