- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 2 tsp. harissa paste
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 6 baby eggplants, stalks trimmed, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 c. okra, tops removed
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 1 c. water
- a few pinches salt
Heat the oil in a tagine on medium. Fry onion, garlic, carrots, celery until all just beginning to brown. Stir in harissa and cook for one minute. Add tomatoes, 1 c. water, and salt. Cover and cook gently for 30-40 minutes, until vegetables are beginning to soften.
Add eggplants, and cook for 15 minutes. Add okra and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
For serving, the consistency should be quite thick. Remove the lid and boil if needed. Stir in parsley just before serving.
Le Creuset tagine booklet