- 1/3 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp five-spice powder
- 2 tbl Asian fish sauce
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- dash of sugar
- 4 mini french bread loaves or hoagie buns
- 8 strips cucumber–6"x1/4"
- 8 oz thin strips deli or leftover roast pork or Asian barbecue pork
- 1/2 c julienned carrots
- 8 strips seeded deveined jalapeno chili
- 12 sprigs cilantro (leaves and thin stems)
Combine mayonnaise and five-spice powder in a small bowl. Combine fish sauce, soy sauce, 1 tsp water and sugar in another bowl.
Slice bread horizontally without cutting all the way through. Spread about 1 tbs mayonnaise mixture on the inside of each loaf. Top each side with 1 cucumber slice, fill with pork. Top with carrots, chile and cilantro; drizzle lightly with fish sauce mixture.